It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced audience editor to join us, covering the South West as part of our network of Live brands.
This key role in our audience team exists to own our post-publication activity, scrutinising analytics and helping to implement future strategy and innovation. You will be responsible for a team of engagement producers, creating content for social media channels and newsletters and optimising all our content and activity to help us engage with readers and create a signed-in community.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Part of the Live Network social media team, ensuring all our social media channels are optimised to reach and engage with as many people as possible
- Making sure best practice is followed at all levels
- Responsible for increasing quality and audience size across the Live
- Network through social media
- Building online communities which support KPIs of registered customers and audience scale
- Supporting all journalists to share content on social media and build online communities
- Responsibility for delivery of Reach strategy and training at a local level
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Partnering with our HR team to attract, develop and maintain the best talent to help the business achieve its goals, now and in the future. Including monitoring engagement and using employee feedback to continually improve.
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
The ideal candidate
- Social media publishing experience in an editorial setting
- Strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Knowledge of the wider social media ecosystem
- Analytics use and application
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Spotting local, national and international trends
- A valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position