Dods Group plc is a company specialising in intelligence, media, events and training services. We are a trusted partner with governments and donor institutions to support and transform delivery in the field of policy, strategic communications and soft skills.
We have provided comprehensive and trusted political reference data since 1832, and now cover people and institutions in the UK, Europe and Globally.
About the role
We are looking for a talented journalist to create a figurehead subscription product and improve our online impact across publishing titles, The House and PoliticsHome.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief you will develop a successful subscription product for The House and PoliticsHome and build on our existing subscriber base.
The House has been Westminster's magazine since 1976, when it was founded by a cross-party group of MPs. It offers MPs, peers, policy makers and parliamentary staff a clear window into what Parliament is talking about every week.
PoliticsHome is the home of digital public affairs and is the most viewed and valued specialist online news source in Parliament.
The House and PoliticsHome are now expanding into comprehensive multiplatform services for anyone seeking to understand and engage with politics; we are therefore seeking a talented journalist to assist in maximising online impact across these publications.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out your own exclusive reporting for these products in order to make them unique, unmissable.
- Lead on the development of a subscription product that utilises content from our reporters, whilst building on the existing subscriber base.
- Assist in the management of social media channels and help to grow them.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of social media strategies.
- Maintain a relationship with key stakeholders at news aggregators to ensure our journalism has maximum impact.
- Work alongside the design team to produce beautifully presented copy that will be shared across the web.
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of three years' experience at a national or regional publication.
- Experience as a political reporter or editor with a track record of original reporting in Westminster.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Westminster politics.
- An understanding of media law.
- A strong understanding of successful online audience building, either via personal social media and other online channels, or on behalf of a brand.
- Adept communication skills, with the ability to present information in an engaging manner.
- Excellent writing and political reporting skills.
- Be a true team player.
- Extremely strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience working within multi-site organisations would be beneficial.
What we offer in return:
- 25 days' annual leave.
- Corporate gym membership discount.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Benefits discount portal.
- Exclusive Shard member discounts.
- Perkbox - perks and virtual GP.
- Government workplace pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Dods an inclusive and supportive workplace.
Please forward your CV demonstrating you meet the above criteria for the role to email@example.com
To leanr more about your next employer, please visit www.dodsgroup.com
No agencies please
The House & PoliticsHome
11th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position