With well over a billion pages of digital content viewed every month across our web and mobile products, we have access to huge amounts of exciting and unique data.
Understanding our data and users is key for us in order to continue to write and distribute engaging content that builds loyalty within our audience. Audience insights sits within the audience team, made up of national and regional newsrooms right across the country, audience specialists and platform specialists.
We deliver core reporting and provide data insights to a variety of stakeholders within the business to inform and improve our digital strategy. We are a small team making a big difference.
We are looking for someone that can make a difference from the off; spotting audience trends and gaps across various platforms and from multiple referrers - feeding insights into newsrooms to fill gaps and increase our audience loyalty.
This role can be 100% home based or hybrid. Our HQ is in Canary Wharf and we are happy for you to come in to meet with the team when needed.
So, who are we?
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher and fifth largest digital platform.
There are 47 million online readers in the UK, 30.8 million of who get local news from the Live network - 65 per cent of all adults. Our network of more than 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- Using GA360 for timely and accurate delivery of data and regular reporting to key stakeholders
- Analysing data and delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Helping audience team analytics users to self serve by assisting them with simple report set-ups (mainly Google Analytics)
- Delivering ad-hoc report requests to the business using a variety of systems and information sources (and documenting the work)
- Communicating insights and results at different levels to diverse audiences within the company, using data visualisation tools such as Data Studio to do so
- A basic understanding of Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Dynamic Tag Management (DTM) would be useful so as to be able to explain how tags, variables, triggers etc. work in tag management systems
The ideal candidate
- Experienced in GA360 and/or Adobe Cloud analytics system
- Advanced skills in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Bachelor's degree in data analysis, data science, business analysis (or similar) and/or case studies illustrating where your actionable insights have significantly increased business KPIs
- Comfortable working with numbers; a keen eye for identifying data patterns and anomalies
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- A common sense and logical approach to problem solving
- A genuine interest in digital and more specifically digital publishing
- Great communications skills
- the ability to work collaboratively across teams, departments, locations and organisations
- The ability to create meaningful reports that convey insights quickly
- Ability to learn on the go in a fast-paced environment and to proactively get things done.
- 100 per cent home based or Hybrid
- Competitive salary
- 25 days plus eight bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cash plan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- High street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position