CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking an audio editor to join the new team in London.
- Devise and execute podcasts based around current affairs and CGTN programmes;
- Train journalists to write and present audio content;
- Plan a strategy for audio devices; and
- Monitor performance and respond to data about usage.
With significant experience in creating and running podcasts linked to the themes of current affairs, technology and business, you will be an expert in sound editing platforms.
You will also:
- Understand how content is shared and discovered;
- Knowledge of the latest developments on devices and user trends;
- Have a record of working to deadline; and
- Be able to show examples of creative and imaginative editing that would be appropriate for an international news media.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position