Soko is a digital B2B media company focused on the app, mobile and social media industries. Our site businessofapps.com reaches 150k professionals each month with industry news, guides, data and insights. We're on a mission to grow to 1m monthly users.
Our friendly team work remotely from the UK, Ukraine, Canada, Zambia, Greece and other global locations. We offer a high performance, flexible working environment where people can learn and develop their skills.
We're looking for a writer/ researcher to join us to create data-driven content for the site. Our data content typically aggregates statistics, graphs, charts and other data from a range of third party sources. We assemble these stats and provide analysis around them to create the definitive post for specific apps or sectors e.g. "Uber Statistics" or "Influencer Marketing Statistics".
You can see some examples here http://www.businessofapps.com/app-data
This is a part-time/ freelance/ remote role that can be combined with other activities. For the right candidate there is potential to join our full time team if desired.
- Research specific apps or sectors online and assemble data, content and graphs
- Identify search engine keywords to target
- Create and edit posts in wordpress
- Create data tables or graphs in excel or other programs
- Co-ordinate promotion on social media and via our email channels
- Update older posts with more recent data
- Analyse performance using Google Analytics and SEO software
- Graduate or similar
- Digital Savvy
- Interest in apps, social media, technology
- Experience using Wordpress
- Able to research and summarise data and stats from a range of sources
- Happy analysing and commenting on numbers and interpreting them
- Methodical and able to follow processes and formats
- Able to use Excel or other packages to create charts/ tables
- Image editing and basic HTML knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Able to work under own initiative with regular support and guidance
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position