Fantastic Opportunity on Market Leading Title
We are a successful communications company based in Chester but with a global footprint. Over the last 20 years we have grown to lead the markets we operate.
We now have a temporary vacancy to work on one of our contract publishing contracts - Commercial Micro Manufacturing is a recognised leader in its sector. The temporary vacancy will see you responsible for the editorial content within this title across both print and online platforms.
We’re looking to bring in an ambitious, capable individual who has enough experience to take the reins of CMM and maintain its recognised position in the sector.
What we can offer you:
- The chance to work in an exciting industry.
- The opportunity to develop your skills across print, web and social media.
- Potential travel in the UK, Europe and further afield.
- Experience of a fast-paced, growing communications company with a relaxed company culture.
- Excellent remuneration commensurate with your experience.
What we need from you:
- Experience of print and online media, reporting, blogging.
- Passion — we want you to love your job.
- Creativity — from conceptual articles to reviews - the content you create must be compelling.
- Understanding — The ability to understand the technologies we cover.
- An open mind — we’re a small team with a big list of things to do, so the work will always be varied and sometimes unexpected.
About Rapid News Communications Group
Rapid News Communications Group (RNCG) is a leading international magazine publisher, trade event organiser and digital communications company focused on B2B and B2C communications across sectors ranging from 3D Printing to Medical titles through to Sales.
If you like the sound of us, and think we’ll like the sound of you, then send your application today!
Editor – Job Specification
Located in Chester and reporting to the Publisher, the Editor’s role will be responsible for overseeing and drawing together print and digital content and community development for the CMM brand.
The aim of this key role is to maintain the already strong position of the CMM product ensuring that we are breaking news instantly across our network, producing timely comment, actively leading social media discussions and building a connected community.
The successful candidate will immerse themselves in the sector and act as an ambassador for the brand by promoting the products nationally and internationally, participating in relevant forums, increasing awareness among peers and influential audiences, broadening opportunities with stakeholders, and discussing new opportunities and initiatives , while always holding themselves to the highest standards personally and professionally.
- Create, write, develop, and manage a regular and steady stream of print & online content to ensure magazine and website remains at the forefront of the industry.
- Develop and produce online newsletter content.
- Maintain social-media strategy, including tracking and reporting on social media outcomes.
- Effectively analyze and identify growth opportunities and sectors for the product.
- Commission articles and blogs from external contributors, editing and liaising to ensure the high standard of all output.
- Attend meetings as necessary, internal and external, national and international.
- Gather pertinent detailed market information and contacts and feed to sales team.
- Attend key industry exhibitions and trade shows.
- Keep current with emerging technologies and strategies through relevant publications and events.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Consistently exceed company expectations.
Ambitious, Motivated, Driven, Self Starter, Excellent Communication Skills,
- Ambitious focused individual with 2+ years B2B editorial experience.
- Documented history of professional and academic over-achievement.
- Experience in both online editing and content creation, particularly digital communications including blogging and social media.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to measurably impact on products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/reporting skills.
- Understanding of the B2B marketplace and relationship with advertising and commercial activities.
- IT skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Web Research. Design and Content Management. Experience of Quark, Indesign and Photoshop useful.
- Passionate about editorial and a belief in the value of good content.
- Team player with ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment.
How to apply:
To apply please click on the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.