About the team
As a key member of the content development team, you will be working in one of Future's most forward-thinking and agile editorial teams, helping to define content strategy for our B2B line of business. Our team works hard and expects our content to lead the way in depth, scope, and purpose.
The editor will manage and develop content strategies for web hosting, website builder and ancillary verticals (eg DDoS protection). You will work across numerous digital Future brands, including TechRadar, Tom's Guide, and Creative Bloq, collaborating with the editorial teams to produce content which inspires, educates, and informs, and ultimately results in reader conversions.
- Content strategy: keyword research with content ideation; planning and managing content calendars in line with Future best practices.
- CMS-based content production and management: proof-reading content and article formatting.
- Commissioning content: writing content briefs, commissioning freelancer writers and content partners, liaising with freelancers and content partners for content delivery and ensuring a high standard of content which matches editorial guidelines and stylesheets.
- Producing, editing and proofreading content for our audiences: including news, interviews, features, and reviews.
- Content management: monitoring and updating existing content.
- Reporting and recommendations to senior editorial staff, based on content performance and data analysis (using Google Analytics and other reporting tools to monitor rankings).
- Working with team members across the organisation, including members of the Ecommerce team, as well as website Editors.
- Responsible for developing special content projects, as required.
What do I need to succeed?
- A keen interest in and knowledge of both the web hosting and cloud services verticals. Knowledge of other verticals is an advantage.
- Experience of working in a B2B editorial role, either in publishing or in a copy-writing capacity.
- Experience of using a CMS preferred, but not essential.
- A keen understanding of editorial voice and tone, and writing for different audiences.
- Brilliant writing skills: an ability to deliver well-crafted content.
- In addition to being a first-class writer, you will have a keen understanding of SEO and how to write for the web.
- Exceptional editing skills: you will also have an innate ability to get to grips with technical content.
- Commissioning skills: an ability to draw on both editorial and SEO know-how to create thorough briefs for industry experts and external contributors.
- You will have a passion for the data side of digital content and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends.
- Self-motivation: a combination of remote working and high expectations mean that you will need to drive yourself forward.
- Digitally minded and consumer of digital media.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position