AI Business is the leading online publication for artificial intelligence and its real-world applications. Our vision is to accelerate the advancement of AI and machine learning through informing, educating and connecting the global business community.
The role involves producing editorial content for the AI Business website including news, opinion, and analysis, reporting to the global editor.
You will have to cover the latest trends in software and hardware, discuss subjects like cloud computing, robotics, and IoT, and interview notable experts in the field. You will also support the editorial agenda by assisting with newsletters, podcasts, and video content, and produce coverage for the global AI Summit series of events.
The role requires someone who is passionate about technology journalism and is comfortable with both IT and business terminology - but also someone with a critical eye who can see past the hype, and focus on both commercial and social implications of technological disruption.
The position will begin on a 'work-from-home' basis but a return to office in Central London (Southwark) is expected when it is feasible to do so.
- Researching original news leads and feature ideas
- Producing accurate, daily news content written to house style (2-3 stories per day)
- Uploading content using the website's Content Management System (CMS)
- Interviewing a wide range of spokespeople, form business executives to machine learning engineers
- Developing a list of influential sources and contacts within the AI industry
- Participating in regular editorial meetings to define content direction and strategy
- Proofreading, fact-checking, and sub-editing content when required
- Identifying potential participants for webinars and podcasts
- Experience in online journalism (2-5 years preferred)
- Proven ability to write engaging, concise copy to tight deadlines
- Personal interest in technology and its impact on the world of business
- Desire to learn about the complex issues surrounding artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Understanding of journalistic principles, ethical and legal considerations
- Understanding of a wide variety of sources including analyst reports, financial results, contracts, and procurement documents
- Ability to travel according to the needs of business
- Being comfortable with appearing on camera
The perfect candidate will also have:
- A degree in journalism or a related field of study
- Experience working in a B2B publication
- Knowledge of design and editing software
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience in producing content across a range of formats including video and audio
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position