Deadline: 13 September 2019
Salary: £1,218 per month, plus return flights and accommodation
Contract: 12 months
Falkland Islands Television (FITV) is offering adventurous candidates the unique chance to work for this small but fast developing TV station in the South Atlantic.
The Falkland Islands are a British Overseas Territory, 300 miles off the coast of South America. The population of the islands is around 3500 people and the climate is similar to the coast of Northern Scotland.
FITV is the sole local television station on the islands and produces a weekly news magazine programme called “Falklands in Focus”. We also produce a monthly political programme called ‘Talking Point’ and a weekly podcast called ‘Meanwhile, in the Falklands’. FITV also makes use of various social media platforms posting updates regularly.
Working for a national TV station means that you will be covering stories ranging from Court and the Legislative Assembly, to wildlife and historical features, and everything in-between.
The beauty of working for a small television station means successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of producing a TV programme once a week.
Ideally, interested candidates will want to improve their skills and obtain experience in news and features reporting, editing, directing, presenting, producing, and script writing.
The contract is for 12 months with a start date of November 2019 and would ideally suit someone who has graduated in the last few years.
- A degree or equivalent level of training in Broadcast Journalism or TV production
- Excellent communication skills, computer literate and fluent in English
- A knowledge of camera work and previous experience with editing software, particularly Adobe Premiere Pro
- Hold a full UK driving licence or equivalent
- Ideal candidates should be outgoing and armed with curiosity to seek out interesting stories, keeping a small community audience in mind
- Be proactive and use their initiative to work on their own and as part of a dynamic team
- Be adaptable to a new environment and be enthusiastic to embrace the opportunity to explore the islands history, culture and community.
- Have at least 12 months previous experience in television work
The package consists of a salary of £1,218.53 per month. Flights at the start and end of the contract are included. Accommodation (including electricity, water and gas) is provided at a cost of £250 per month.
Candidates will be able to use the return portion of their flight to travel back to the United Kingdom via South America, if they so wish.
In the first instance please email your CV and covering letter to Paula Fowmes by emailing email@example.com before Friday 13th September 2019.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position