Sputnik News UK office is seeking a talented broadcast journalist to join our ambitious and hardworking team in Edinburgh.
From our UK head office in the capital of Scotland you will be covering breaking news, sourcing exclusives, securing interviews, working in a fast paced, exciting environment and providing our audience with fresh, relevant and exciting content.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a modern international news agency and radio broadcaster, with a global website audience, who also broadcasts in more than 80 cities and 20 countries worldwide.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Generate ideas for news stories and features, pitching stories to the editor.
- Undertake background research, verifying factual information.
- Write scripts and headlines.
- Produce complete packages for broadcast.
- Undertake pre and post production and studio work, both live and pre-recorded.
- Audio editing (cutting recordings, audio levelling).
- Source potential contributors and conduct both live and pre-recordedinterviews when required.
- Present live or recorded radio slots and segments as required.
- Monitor breaking news.
- 'On-location’ reporting, live broadcasts on FB and other social media.
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
- Relevant university degree or broadcast journalism qualification.
- Proven track record in journalism.
- Experienced in ‘on-location’ reporting.
- Skilled in broadcasting live and pre-recorded news bulletins, bulletin editing and online/digital production.
- Excellent understanding of UK and European politics.
- International stories experience, proven knowledge of international news agenda.
- Ability to investigate and produce your own unique content and exclusives.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write accurate and engaging copy for our website.
- Presence on social media, flexibility to work across platforms.
- Readiness to work afterhours and on weekend when necessary.
- Readiness to travel; a full, clean UK Driving License are required.
- Able to travel internationally when required.
Generous holiday package and salary based on experience.
Candidates should send their CV to email@example.com and provide a showreel with your application.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position