The candidacy is open to professionals with profound knowledge of visual journalism, the industry and experience as team manager.
Your role and the challenges ahead:
- Planning, budgeting and organising a competitive photo, video and multimedia news coverage from the UK and Ireland in co-ordination with EPA-s editor in chief
- Determining the editorial content of the coverage in the UK and Ireland region in view of events of international and regional relevance
- Ensuring a constant optimisation, development and leadership of the news coverage in coordination with the editorial management
- Scheduling of upcoming events, story research and identifying good subjects for feature packages
- Interacting with other EPA departments for the smooth running of all aspects of the operation and assignments in the context of EPA's global set up
- Management and disciplinary guidance of the EPA visual journalists in the UK and Ireland region in coordination with the editorial management
- Responsibility for budget implementation in the assigned territory in line with EPA's expense policies
- Responsibility for proper use and maintenance of EPA's tools and equipment distributed among the visual journalists in the assigned territory
Your key success factors:
- Solid experience as a visual journalist
- A degree in communication, journalism or photography, alternatively many years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of the UK and Ireland press environment and their media market
- Proven experience in planning and organizing photo, video and multimedia coverage
- Proven experience in the management of a country or regional office in a media outlet
- Photographic, videographic and editing skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Team leading and motivating skills
- Diplomatic and at the same time also assertive attitude
- Fluency in English and minimum another European language
- Willingness to work irregular hours and to travel frequently
Would you like to become part of our success story and take the next step in your career? We look forward to receiving your application!
In order to process your application as quickly as possible, please send us your complete documents, consisting of a cover letter and resume - both in English, as well as references, earliest possible availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only complete application documents can be processed.
Am Hauptbahnhof 18
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position