Cannabis Wealth is the UK’s only independent title covering cannabis related industries from every angle. Its sister publication, Cannabis Health, is the UK's leading consumer-focused title reporting on cannabis wellbeing and medicine. Both titles are backed by doctors and enjoy rapidly growing global audiences online.
To facilitate our growth we are recruiting a business editor, with newspaper or magazine business desk experience.
You will be charged with overseeing Cannabis Wealth's online output and contributing to a quarterly print title.
Cannabis Wealth’s audience includes entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, start-ups and clinicians. Your focus will be on the latest developments in all cannabis-related industries; writing news and features on entrepreneurialism, investment and business developments in Europe and further afield. You will also be encouraged to build relationships with potential commentators and support commercial content needs.
Covid-dependent, you will also cover events in the UK and overseas focused on cannabis industries.
Knowledge and experience of cannabis industries is welcome but not a necessity. We are looking for business reporting experience, enthusiasm for being first to the story and a hard-working attitude.
Duties of the roles include:
- Using your journalism skills to find and pitch daily stories to our editor-in-chief
- Interviewing a range of sources, from entrepreneurs and researchers to healthcare professionals and politicians
- Writing news and features to tight deadlines
- SEO optimisation
- Utilising social media to help grow our audience and share content
- Liaising with advertisers when necessary to produce collaborative content
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas - when it is safe to do so!
- Some experience in business journalism
- Adaptable - switching between breaking news and long-form content
- Able to show initiative - your 'beat' will be global in scale but will cover a number of specific topics
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of SEO
- Experience using a range social media platforms to their full potential
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of basic IT software
- Confident working independently but able to get on in a small team
- Hard working and determined (we might be a small team, but we have big ambitions)
- NCTJ qualifications are preferred, as well as an understanding of media law and ethics
- In-depth knowledge of medical cannabis is not essential, some training will be provided if you are successful in your application, however you must demonstrate a desire to learn and some enthusiasm about the subject is essential
Remote working with some opportunities to travel to events and to meet with the rest of the H&W Media team.
11 Lansdowne Terrace
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position