My clients leading magazine is the global title for the investor relations industry, is searching for a full-time journalist to join the international editorial team on a range of tasks from writing web articles to editing freelance submissions and managing social media accounts.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a reporter/editor working on finance and business-related subject matter. The role also includes posting articles, sourcing and editing photos and other editorial production tasks. Also involved in the role is a close relationship with the client’s award-winning events team. Coverage of global events will be required and some international travel may also be on the agenda.
The company…is a business media company focused on two industry verticals – investor relations and corporate governance. Their audience is made up of corporates (our readers at leading public companies) and advertisers/sponsors (service providers selling products and services to the corporates).
- The successful candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least four years of journalism or related/relevant experience
- A demonstrable passion for business, finance and investment is essential, as is the ability to work both independently and as part of a global team
- Experience reporting on investor relations, equity capital markets or institutional investment is a plus
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet key deadlines under pressure is essential.
- Moderate panels, conduct interviews, make presentations and lead the discussions at our global content-led conferences
- Work closely with the events teams to provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise for event agendas, new event concepts and the revamping of current events
- The individual will have excellent writing and editing skills, and be comfortable working with freelancers
- Knowledge of content management and multimedia editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Final Cut Pro) is highly desirable
- Good understanding of the mechanics and best practices of digital and social publishing
- This is a full-time role, based in our London offices with regular travel for our global events
- This role reports to the Editor
- Location is in our London offices
- The working hours are 9:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday with one-hour lunch
If above details sound like you are interested, please send updated cv to : email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position