SoGlos - Gloucestershire’s leading media brand - has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional writer to join its passionate team, playing an instrumental role in driving its innovative new business section forward.
Gloucestershire’s leading media brand, SoGlos is influential, targeted and trusted – providing its readers and advertisers with a quality platform across its online magazine, social media channels and email newsletters.
Our large and established readership includes aspirational young professionals, ambitious business owners, active parents and affluent over 50s, who rely on SoGlos for inspiration on living in, working in and enjoying Gloucestershire.
SoGlos is the flagship brand of SoPublishing - an innovative, ambitious and completely independent media company, launched with a mission to revolutionise regional media.
Established in 2007 by two pioneering journalists, SoPublishing has grown to a dynamic team of experts in media, marketing, advertising, design and videography – with offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
We are fiercely passionate about Gloucestershire, fanatical about quality and have ambitious plans for future growth – and we’re a fun bunch of people to work with too.
About the role
- Researching and writing a wide variety of engaging business-focused content marketing and editorial
- Writing for social media channels - specifically LinkedIn and Twitter - while developing and implementing strategies to grow these audiences
- Publishing and managing content through SoGlos's content management system
- Compiling and issuing the new weekly business newsletter
- Liaising with clients and PRs over the phone, by email and in person
- Capturing and editing punchy social media-focused editorial videos and pictures
- Understanding SoGlos’s business section readers and the stories that will engage and excite them
- Exceptional writer with previous experience in a similar media role
- Passion for business and a strong grasp of current issues
- Excellent understanding of digital media and social media
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with a mature, can-do attitude
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Confident on the phone and in-person
- Experience in a previous client-facing role would be a bonus
- Experience of photography, videography and video editing would be a bonus
Salary, commission and perks
- This is a full-time, permanent role
- Starting salary from £25,000, dependent on experience
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- 28 days' paid holiday – with an additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home each week
- Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
- Regular team get-togethers
- The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
- Not forgetting free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person to join the SoGlos team.
The ideal start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
9 Imperial Square
Tel: 01242 210330
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position