CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We will soon open a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed digital and television hub producing news, online and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a business news writer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Write and edit television news scripts for a daily business program targeted at a general interest global audience
- Report to the executive producer of Business News CGTN Europe
- Demonstrate experience in writing clean, accurate copy to deadline
- Be proficient in desktop video editing
- Have an understanding of economic issues, but the ability to translate business and financial concepts into everyday language.
With previous journalism experience in a communication related field, you will have knowledge of the global economy, financial markets, business and technology trends, especially across Europe & Asia.
You will also have strong video editing skills, especially with with Avid. Adobe, FCP software is a plus.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position