Can you break the biggest business stories in the East of England? Do you have what it takes to write stories that thousands of people are desperate to read? Are you a digitally-focussed journalist who understands how to light up our websites with exclusives?
The East Anglian Daily Times is searching for a Business Reporter, to join its award-winning team in Suffolk, covering one of the most dynamic areas for business news in the country.
- Have a hunger to break exclusive stories
- Understand the value of social media
- Know how and where to seed your copy
- Feel comfortable reporting on multi-national companies, disruptive start-ups and big economic issues impacting the region.
- Be web-focussed with a strong command of social media
- Find new ways of telling stories to our growing digital audience.
- Be eager to engage with online statistics to monitor and grow audience
- Have experience of taking pictures and shooting video
Reporting for the East Anglian Daily Times and its sister titles, you will be adept at writing hard news and feature-length analysis for a range of platforms.
We are looking for a journalist with ideally a year’s experience or more on a leading business website, an industry publication or a regional daily newspaper. You will have qualifications in journalism and ideally have obtained your NCTJ (with shorthand). We are dedicated to supporting journalists to develop and progress to senior status and would be looking for candidates with this inspiration.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range £18,000 to £20,700 (depending on entry point)
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free life assurance
- Pension 5% matched contribution
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- One volunteer day per annum
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested, then please simply email your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9th December 2019
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position