We are breaking records every month
We have broken into the top 600 websites in the world and the top 5 sports sites in the UK. We have over 25m Facebook fans - with ESPN trailing as the next biggest sports page with 13m.
We are GiveMeSport and we have huge expansion plans in 2017 - including big investment in our content - journalists, designers, producers, editors and more.
We want the best talent in the industry
At the heart of our business is our UK edition and we are looking for an experienced UK Editor to run the site and lead the team, bringing big, creative ideas and social media expertise to our central London office.
We have all the tools at our disposal and would love to hear from candidates who have the vision and ambition to take us to the next level.
- Oversee the daily output of the UK edition, ensuring the very best in story sourcing and social media
- Develop the UK writing team with regular feedback and training
- Manage the freelance contributor network and budget
- Coordinate the Academy output alongside wider content plan
- Plan coverage around major sporting events
- Develop creative original content ideas (daily, weekly, monthly, annual)
- Review analytics to inform content strategy
- Collaborate closely with video production, design and social media team members
- A minimum of 5 years' digital and social media publishing experience - specifically with a track record of driving traffic from Facebook
- Elite creative writing and editing ability
- Expertise across a range of sports
- Experience developing successful ideas for original/feature content
- People management experience and organisational approach
- A track record of making editorial and journalistic decisions in a fast-paced environment
- A strong grasp of analytics, and being able to interpret them to develop and improve ideas
- Contacts within the sports and wider media industries
- Working evenings and weekends as required
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.