Aspect Publishing is looking for a story-hungry, versatile journalist with a passion for health and technology.
Your mission is to bring to life with quality storytelling, the many exciting strands of health tech.
Candidates must be NCTJ-qualified, have newsroom experience and some previous work in business, technology or healthcare reporting. You will be producing news and features on Aspect Publishing's flagship technology title Health Tech World.
You will be key to the growth of our audiences in a number of exciting health tech-based fields; including AI, VR, biotech, femtech, population health and wearables.
The role is based in our offices near Newcastle upon Tyne, with some opportunities to travel overseas for events coverage. This is not a remote position.
Aspect Publishing is building a portfolio of healthcare titles which includes Neuro Rehab Times, the world's leading neurorehabilitation magazine, and Health Tech World, the platform for everyone with a professional interest in health technology.
Although you will be working on Health Tech World, you may have opportunities to contribute to other titles too.
Duties of the roles include:
- Interviewing professionals, patients and researchers.
- Writing news and features and utilising the latest storytelling tools, including Shorthand.
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues, including on commercial campaigns.
- Liaising with sponsors and advertisers to produce commercial content.
- Writing 'deep-dive' longer features.
- Being personable and professional in the presence of interviewees and clients
- Working to tight deadlines
- Utilising social media to help grow audience and share content
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas.
Up to £27k depending on experience.
Our offices are in Whitley Bay near Newcastle upon Tyne. We are looking for a candidate who is locally based and who can work in our offices. This is a full-time role.
To apply, email a CV and cover letter specifying which role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 30 September 2021.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position