We are very proud to be working in partnership with Google and are looking for a Chief Reporter to join the Peterborough Matters team. This role is for an experienced journalist with management experience who is, most importantly, bursting with fresh ideas on how to deliver meaningful content to the Peterborough community.
As Chief Reporter you will be embedded in the Peterborough community and will care about the area, its people and their issues. You will be looking for the freedom to deliver audience-focused content and will have the drive and courage to try new content strategies.
You will run the day-to-day operations of this brand new team, ensuring that local reporters have the support, resources, direction and motivation they need. As the first and only partnership of its kind in Europe you will feed back your team’s successes and findings to Google and the central Archant team.
The Peterborough Matters team will include two local reporters, a content assistant and a sales account manager and will work evenings and weekends as the job requires. It is essential that this team establishes deep connections within the local community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Senior reporter / chief reporter / editor experience
- Newsroom based background
- Team management skills (3 years minimum)
- Deep knowledge of Peterborough
- Ideas and strategy to develop audience-focussed content
- Strengths in digital / online content
- Passion to build audience, drive ideas and measure success
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary please indicate your salary requirement on application
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Peterborough Matters is being funded by google for a mimimum of 3 years and this refreshingly means that salary demands are not a barrier to finding the right people. Please send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your personal salary expectations. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position