A rare vacancy has arisen for a chief reporter on the award-winning Mid Cheshire Guardian series – comprising the Northwich, Winsford & Middlewich and Knutsford & Wilmslow Guardians.
Based primarily in our Warrington office, you will be helping to lead a team of reporters covering a large and diverse area of Cheshire.
Having shown significant audience growth over the past 12 months, the successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside the deputy editor/audience & content editor and group editor in order to help build on that success and forge stronger links in the community.
- Plan and shape strong content for the paper, online and on social media;
- Help to manage a small team of reporters and the weekly news diary/rotas;
- Edit stories and schedule for social media;
- Deliver great, exclusive stories from good contacts;
- Cover breaking news as it happens; and
- Work with the deputy editor/ACE and editor on content and new ideas.
- We are looking for a senior reporter with a drive to produce great content;
- You will need to be a self-starter with an interest in all types of news and the ability to generate strong content;
- You will be an expert on social media and be as fluent in producing Facebook live videos as you are in writing a 500-word splash;
- Knowledge of web analytics such as Crowdtangle and Chartbeat is desirable but not essential; and
- Some experience of editing and managing is desirable but not essential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position