The UK's fastest growing magazine publisher, Practical Publishing International, is recruiting for a talented and organised Chief Sub-Editor to lead its busy production team.
The successful applicant will be working across our award-winning portfolio of craft magazines and would be subbing a wide variety of editorial, including step-by-step project instructions.
As Chief Sub-Editor they would be responsible for leading our small production team to excellence, ensuring deadlines and quality standards are maintained.
- Managing our small team of sub-editors and coordinating freelance resources
- Maintaining quality standards and editorial tone across all magazines
- Ensuring all deadlines are adhered to and resource is used effectively
- Sub-editing and proofing content across our portfolio of craft magazines
- Maintaining and enforcing the company house style
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Meticulous spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- Ability to hit deadlines and coordinate workloads accordingly
- Strong familiarity with InDesign and Microsoft Word
- High standards of work and the drive to only accept the very best
- At least two years' experience in a dedicated subbing role is essential
- Previous experience of leading a team and managing other staff is preferred
- Knowledge of crafts would be advantageous but not essential
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and based in our Stockport office. Salary is dependent on experience.
Office perks include:
- 28 days' holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Closing date: 26th November 2018
How to apply:
Please apply via email to email@example.com and quote the reference CSUB18. Please include an up-to-date CV and covering letter with your application
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position