We are looking for an experienced journalist with a packed contacts book to lead agenda-setting business coverage across The Northern Echo and our fast-growing, quarterly business magazine BUSINESSiQ.
This is a new role which requires a natural leader who can combine a deep understanding of delivering high quality, multi-media content with a revenue-generating mindset to deliver bespoke content across a range of specialist topics in collaboration with clients and partners.
It is an exciting time to join The Northern Echo, Newsquest's flagship daily which reaches millions of people every month, with a raft of new appointments taking the Great Daily of the North to new levels. This role is key to that mission.
- Lead and develop print and online business coverage in The Northern Echo;
- Edit and lead quarterly business magazine BUSINESSiQ, raising its profile and developing it into the trusted voice of business within the region;
- Work in collaboration with commercial teams to support and deliver commercial content initiatives, ranging from bespoke features and supplements to annual content campaigns on specialist topics such as STEM, climate change, green energy and the levelling up agenda;
- Spot and develop opportunities for generating revenue from editorial leads and contacts;
- Meet and pitch clients (with commercial colleagues) to establish, secure or develop relationships;
- Organise and host quarterly roundtable discussions with influential leaders to coincide with the BUSINESSiQ and Northern Echo content plans;
- Successful candidate would need to be well connected within the business and work well across editorial and commercial functions devising and delivering annual content plans.
You will be an editorial manager who has the experience, market knowledge and ability to spot opportunities for commercial activity while delivering agenda-setting business content across The Northern Echo and BUSINESSiQ. You will be a natural leader and as comfortable writing a 500-word business feature or interviewing CEOs, as you are hosting a round table discussion with industry leaders and pitching clients with commercial colleagues.
How to apply:
If you feel this job is for you, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the right person for the job, to: Karl Holbrook, group editor email@example.com
The Northern Echo/BUSINESSiQ
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position