JPIMedia are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The i, The Newsletter, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Content Editor to join the team in Northern Ireland working across our brands including the News Letter, Derry Journal, Portadown Times, Larne Times, Mid Ulster Mail and Lurgan Mail. This role requires a natural leader who can couple a revenue-generating mindset with a deep understanding of how our content engages readers in all formats across all our platforms.
- Spot opportunities for generating revenue from editorial leads and contacts
- Develop those leads and contacts
- Meet clients (with commercial colleague) to establish, secure or develop relationships
- Prepare a client brief (how we can work together for the benefit of your business/project)
- Meet clients to pitch for business
- If the client expresses interest in the pitch, liaise with commercial colleague, who will then prepare detailed costing
- Prepare detailed brief of what will be delivered for the cost quoted.
- Liaise with relevant editorial manager to brief, plan and discuss execution of project.
You will be an editorial manager who has the experience, market knowledge and willingness to both spot opportunities for enhanced commercial activity while at the same time ensure that the integrity of JPIMedia journalism is preserved.
You will be at home in our multimedia and analytics-driven world, with a passion for managing and developing long-term relationships and the ideas to deliver successful marketing solutions in print, online and social.
Key experience/characteristics required
- Previous experience in an editorial management position
- Excellent market knowledge with the ability to spot commercial opportunities
How to apply
If you feel this job is for you, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the job. To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position