Location: London, United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
Experience: Experienced level
Incisive Media is an AOP 'Digital Publisher of the Year' serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. An entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media.
We are seeking a Commercial Subeditor to join our award-winning Risk Management & Trading Technology division. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial work, layout, production and support on the division’s commercial editorial projects, event guides, directories, market reports and commercial supplements. You will also have responsibility for uploading, updating and maintaining editorial content online across the division’s portfolio.
An exciting opportunity with much variety and scope for creativity!
The role covers commercial editorial projects across a range of titles and involves working closely with global clients post-sale, from chasing copy, interpreting and implementing clients’ requirements and meeting their expectations to producing final copy for publication across a variety of media. Duties on commercial supplements, market reports, event guides, directories and other projects include design, layout and managing copy flow and deadlines with editorial, commercial, events, marketing and production staff, as well as external suppliers.
This is a challenging and diverse role, ideal for an experienced subeditor interested in a position working on different titles and projects, often simultaneously, across a variety of media.
- Proven, practical knowledge of InDesign within a Mac environment.
- Solid subediting experience, including writing headlines, captions and standfirsts, proofreading and copy-editing ability.
- Practical ability in the use and creation of publications in media other than print – online publishing and app creation – applicants must have some background knowledge in digital media/publishing.
- Practical knowledge of, or at least familiarity with, a content management system such as WordPress.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, including the ability to liaise with clients and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of advertorial work.
- Sound practical knowledge of the remainder of the Adobe Creative Suite within a Mac environment: Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.
- Ability to project manage and deliver high-quality work on time, sometimes within a tight schedule, and with minimum supervision.
- Some journalistic or copywriting experience or aptitude.
- Some experience of finance and trading technologies.
- Basic knowledge of print preparation practices.
What's on offer:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Our training & development courses are available online for employees to book directly on to (hassle free!). Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s West End, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Onsite monthly massage
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
- Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!
How to apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on “Apply Online” to start your journey.
Please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the opportunity.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.