We are looking for a dynamic, progressive editor with experience in financial markets to support and accelerate the growth of our media business, by leading the development of a commissioning specialism for thought leadership content within Contentive.
The individual will collaborate on editorial pitches to our customers, design and develop thought leadership content, commission, and oversee the development of editorially led products, including whitepaper/sponsored reports, native series, and surveys. Experience within financial markets is essential but the individual should also expect and embrace diversity in output.
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers, informing them on the needs of our audience as we collaborate with them to develop exceptional thought leadership
- Understand the marketing needs of our customers and help weave their messaging into market-leading content
- Sustain and develop diverse market knowledge, by staying close to the market and our internal content teams and embracing a continuous learning approach
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with freelance writers who will better results for Contentive because they enjoy collaborating with us and are aligned with what we do
- Control and work to assigned internal and external budgets, delivering timely and accurate forecasts
- Create briefs for freelance and internal writers which are thoughtful and always thorough
- Edit to a high standard, ensuring conformance to house style
- Ensure the high quality of all commercial thought leadership, with an unwavering commitment to engage our target audience and a complementarity with our independent content and editorial strategy
- Establish a close working relationship with our customer success team to ensure our customers always have transparency over deliverables
The ideal candidate
- Excellent communicator with a passion for understanding and delivering on our customers’ needs
- Demonstrable experience executing an editorial strategy within the B2B marketplace
- Knowledge of in financial markets
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic and able to deploy a proactive and confident approach
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart, and innovative - we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you will fit right in!
Contentive sees diversity as a positive thing that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a birthday day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life assurance - four times annual salary.
- Pension scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you.
Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
"There is no failure. Only feedback." - Robert Allen. Or "Success is not an accident; success is a choice." - Stephen Curry.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position