Are you moved by the global refugee crisis and passionate about our responsibility to protect those forced to flee conflict, persecution and terror? Could you use your storytelling skills to convince and inspire others to support refugees and people seeking asylum in Britain? Then join us as Communications and Stories Officer.
Refugee Action is looking for a dynamic storyteller with journalistic talents, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to create compelling content, to join its campaigns and fundraising teams.
We’re adapting fast to meet the challenges and opportunities of the global refugee crisis. This role will support our ambitious work to build and mobilise an active supporter base that will help us to protect the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum, and enable them to successfully rebuild their lives.
You’ll be great at working with different teams and understanding the storytelling needs of campaigns, fundraising, media and digital. You’ll have the ability to build strong relationships with frontline staff in order to find and tell inspiring stories.
You will have:
- Excellent journalistic skills, particularly a good nose for a story and the ability to follow up on a lead
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable understanding of effective storytelling and experience of producing inspiring content
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Experience of working sensitively with people in vulnerable situations to support them to share personal stories in a collaborative way
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to work under pressure and juggle conflicting priorities
- Experience working with and briefing photographers and filmmakers
Flexible working is available for this post.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Thursday 15th November 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 28th November 2018
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position