The Elders is recruiting a new communications assistant to join a small and highly skilled-team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for communications and a proven ability to write exceptional copy for a comprehensive range of communications channels and audiences.
They will be digitally literate and able to understand and articulate what makes brilliant editorial in the digital age.
The candidate will be interested in global affairs and be able to demonstrate an understanding of The Elders and the priority issues it works on. The role is a critical part of a fast-paced, inter-disciplinary communications team and the holder will be expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative as they play a key role in some of The Elders' most important activities.
- Assisting in the delivery of external communications for The Elders, including writing, sourcing and editing material for our digital channels, publication, speeches and media engagement.
- Helping to create and distribute press statements, website items and other digital assets.
- Managing The Elders' Instagram channel and contributing content to other social media channels as requested.
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of communications projects and engagement activity for Elders trips, events, meetings and partnerships
- Overseeing press and media coverage via our monitoring service and preparing internal impact reports
- General assistance across the communications team, as required
- Educated to degree level
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Exceptional written ability in English is essential
- Proven ability to adapt writing style for a range of audiences and communications channels
- Ability to quickly pick up new ways of working particularly in digital communications
- Digitally literate, with some experience of web-publishing, graphic design, analytics and /or multi-media production
- Organised, efficient motivated self-starter who can work autonomously and within a team
- Knowledge of international affairs, the Elders, and the topics they work on
- Proficiency in another language is desirable
Executive services administrator
3 Tilney Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position