We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communicator who will work collaboratively across teams and with our volunteers, to capture and articulate stories which will inspire and influence others to participate in archery
You will work with the head of communications and the wider communications team to deliver effective and impactful communications, with editorial responsibility for our member magazine in both print, accessible and digital formats. You will be required to strategically plan, research and edit an inspirational magazine that meets the needs of our audiences.
In addition, you will be responsible for creating informative and inspiring content across our two websites and our member ezines, working closely with our digital marketing editor to ensure, where relevant, content also works for our social media channels.
This opportunity offers the successful applicant the chance to join a forward-thinking organisation at a really exciting time. Integral to the delivery of a new and ambitious strategy, the post holder will contribute to the development of archery and the delivery of Archery GB's strategic objectives:
- Empowering workforce: "Connections that engage, recruit and support the thousands of people who create opportunities for archery to happen." Use communications to celebrate the many people who volunteer in archery. Promote opportunities for more people, particularly those from diverse backgrounds, to get involved.
- Diversity throughout: "A diverse and inclusive organisation that enables everyone to be themselves and develop in a way that suits them." Sharing different people’s journeys to inspire others to start and progress. Helping archers to learn and challenge themselves in a way that works for them.
- Archer recruitment: "A revitalised club network, rebuilding from the damage of Covid-19. New groups, partnerships, places that increase the breadth of our archery communities." Show where archery can happen and the different ways you can do the sport. Produce content t vhat engages different groups and keeps them coming back both to their club and through renewing their membership of Archery GB.
- Digital first: "Putting digital transformation at the heart of what we do, leveraging technology to modernise systems and resources." Keep building on Archery GB's communications channels by creating engaging content for social media, our websites, magazine and ezine. Create an online environment where everyone feels they belong.
We are looking for applicants with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of building rapport and trust easily
- An expert-level understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Experience of copywriting and creating content for different channels
- Experience of promoting online content through SEO and social media
- Experience of creating inspiring content to promote participation and create supporter engagement
- At least two years working in a relevant editing (print and digital) role
- Ability to set and work to challenging deadlines
- Ability to maintain diligence and thoroughness while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Applicants must be able to drive, have own car and have the ability to work flexible hours as the role requires some out of hours working, including evenings and weekends to cover key events.
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We may consider tender submissions from contractors to deliver key elements of the role
Please visit our website to find out more about the role and how to apply
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position