Communications Officer - Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Do you have outstanding communications skills and wish to work for an award-winning NHS organisation helping thousands of people every day? We are looking for a creative and caring person, with excellent writing skills and a great sense of humour to become our team’s new Communications Officer.
Drawing from your experience in public relations or journalism, you will be in your element interviewing anyone from any walk of life, writing sharp and accurate copy to deadline or engaging others through social media. You will be full of ideas but focused on delivering objectives; knowledgeable but eager to learn more; and you will thrive as a key member of a small but dynamic team that makes a big impact on large audiences.
If this sounds like you, then please apply. 37.5 hours a week, 27 days annual leave, NHS Pension, £22,128-£28,746 per annum (£23,023-£30,615 under proposed NHS pay deal). For an informal conversation about the role please contact Head of Communications & Engagement Theo Cronin on 01903 205 111 ext. 84970.
Western Sussex Hospitals is a leading acute hospital trust, with rewarding career opportunities for caring, committed and innovative people who wish to be valued for the work they do and empowered to continually improve the services we provide. Here are five reasons to join us:
- Outstanding – we are the only CQC-rated “Outstanding” hospital trust on the south coast of England and one of only five acute hospital trusts in the country to have received the health watchdog’s highest overall rating. (Read our CQC report)
- Top 5 – Western Sussex Hospitals is one the very best hospital trusts in the country to work for, according to the NHS Staff Survey, and among the top five trusts in England where employees are most likely to recommend the care their colleagues provide. (NHS Staff Survey 2017/18)
- We Care – our vision and values are expressed by the phrase We Care – and not just for our patients but for each other as well. The CQC said: “Staff we spoke with were exceptionally compassionate when talking about patients and we observed kindness not only towards patients but towards each other whilst on site.”
- Leading organisation – Western Sussex Hospitals is led by NHS Chief Executive of the Year Marianne Griffiths (HSJ Awards 2016 | No.1 HSJ Top CEOs 2018) and is renowned for outstanding care, excellent staff engagement, innovation and shared learning. Health secretary Jeremy Hunt said: “Western Sussex has the best learning culture I have seen anywhere in the NHS.” [Worthing Hospital, February 2018]
- Location, location, location – our hospitals in Chichester, Worthing and Shoreham-by-Sea are all situated along the beautiful Sussex coast, between the beach and South Downs National Park. West Sussex is regularly cited as one of the UK’s best places to live, boasting beautiful countryside, picturesque villages, vibrant towns, excellent schools and cultural amenities, as well as quick transport links to Brighton, Gatwick Airport, London and Europe.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below