Community editor – full time (37.5 hours)
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping. We operate a network of more than 100 UK campsites, have an in-house travel service that provides club members with ferry crossings and campsite bookings throughout Europe, as well as organising fly-drive tours to exciting destinations such as Argentina and New Zealand.
As part of our offering, The Camping and Caravanning Club produce a monthly magazine (print and digital format) for over 300,000 household memberships.
Our publications team have a vacancy for a community editor.
The post has overall responsibility for the community section ‘Out & About’ in The Club magazine and content for the Out & About print supplement. They will also contribute to The Club magazine and use of social media.
Duties will include:
- Writing and reporting articles for the publication.
- Generate, collate and produce content for the print edition of the Out & About magazine – this requires a great degree of interaction with the voluntary officers from The Club’s regions, sections and district associations.
- Have overall responsibility for the community section of The Club magazine in print – this will include editing forum pages, diary and events, promotional pages for social camping, news and curated content from The Club official and magazine social channels.
- Be a visible and vocal presence on The Club and Club magazine’s social channels (including the Club Forum, Twitter and YouTube channels) to ensure two-way communication with our members and other audiences.
- Work closely with the print editor to coordinate activities and contributions from The Club member panel, and work to engage an active community of member contributors who’ll create and share content for the magazine channels.
- Represent the magazine at The Club events and externally.
To be considered for this post applicants should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong news sense and writing ability.
- PC/Mac literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to always hit deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of scheduling in context of a regular publication.
- Able to work on own initiative, highly capable of planning and organisation.
- Clean driving licence.
A NCTJ qualification or equivalent is highly desirable.
The post will involve site visits and occasional hours outside of normal working patterns (around 8 to 10 weekends a year).
A Full Driving license and willingness to drive company vehicles is essential, an interest in the outdoor lifestyle and an understanding of the leisure and/or camping & sector would be a major asset.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude, generous annual leave entitlement and free parking among our benefits.
To apply please send a CV and covering note for the attention of Barny Baker in HR to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Camping and Caravanning Club
Out and About (The Camping and Caravanning Club magazine)
Westwood Business Park
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position