The B1M is the world’s largest and most subscribed-to video channel for architecture and construction. Our YouTube-award winning content is watched by over 7 million people each month. Our goal is to fundamentally change the perception of architecture and construction on planet Earth through our compelling video content.
We are looking for a full-time Content Developer, who will be responsible for researching, copywriting and developing regular video content for distribution on The B1M.
The ideal candidate will be able to research key trends and developments across our subject areas, devising highly creative and compelling ways to cover them with impactful video content that appeals to a mainstream audience. They will be a strong copywriter. An understanding of, and/or interest in, the architecture and construction industries is advantageous but not essential.
You will be working closely alongside our co-founder and MD, Fred Mills, and The B1M’s content production teams. Previous experience of working with video is desired but not essential, you will be working with our production specialists to create video content from your copy.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key part of a dynamic and growing business in a highly interesting and under-served sector.
The role will be a full-time position with a three month probation period.
- Researching relevant trends, stories and features that fit with our editorial tone of voice.
- Devising and pitching highly creative and compelling ways to cover our subject area with impactful video content.
- Developing storyboards and copy for video content in a timely manner.
- Researching and securing third party assets for videos (including licenses and releases).
- Overseeing the production process of the video content that you are responsible for.
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The B1M’s deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video.
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times.
- Creation of original social copy and posts.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills.
- A proven track record of devising highly creative and compelling content ideas.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within our team, managing multiple projects concurrently.
27 Old Gloucester Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position