BristolLive is our biggest website in the South West, generating around 20 million page views every month. We have built a brand that is trusted in the city. Our brilliant team of reporters and content editors know Bristol inside out, dig out the best stories and delve into the issues that matter to our audience.
We are looking for a content editor to join our team to help us grow BristolLive and develop our new brand, WiltshireLive too. You will be responsible for helping us make the most of every story, maintaining high journalistic standards and you will come up with ideas for content that will find new audiences and engage loyal readers in different communities across our patch.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
This position will require a mix of working from home and commuting into our Bristol hub to be part of our vibrant newsroom.
What will the role involve?
- Leading the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- Growing our loyal readership and finding new audiences in Bristol and beyond
- Developing a pre-planned content calendar and strategy and supporting reporters to deliver it
- Looking after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Publishing content online to the highest possible digital publishing standards, including optimising for SEO, social media and registration
- Developing our owned platforms and helping to build signed in communities
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels, including existing and emerging social platforms.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you’ll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence is preferable.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position