As Allianz Group's specialist corporate insurer, we like to think that Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a pretty interesting place to work. From looking after planes, satellites and the world's biggest ships and tallest buildings to handling cyber-attacks, hurricanes and the impact of climate change, when it comes to protecting businesses we have got the major risks fully covered. We even take care of James Bond - on the film set anyway, through our entertainment insurance.
Based in our central London office working in collaboration with the head of content, as the content editor in AGCS' global communications team, you will be right at the heart of the action, producing compelling reading for our external stakeholders, covering news and trends relevant to AGCS' business and wide range of customer segments.
You will plan, research, write and edit stories and reports, working across a range of channels including digital and social content. Ultimately, you will play a key role in helping us to further develop our position as an expert thought leadership commentator on risk management and the insurable risks in our customers' industries. View https://www.agcs.allianz.com/news-and-insights.html for examples.
- Plan, research and write/contribute to news stories, features, bylines and longer form content, such as our Allianz Risk Barometer, focusing on AGCS' core business segments and industries. This includes working closely with the head of content, our communications teams in London, New York, Munich, Paris, Sao Paulo, Singapore and Johannesburg and our internal experts around the world to identify and develop content that strongly supports AGCS' position as an expert in business risk and insurance.
- Responsibility for the full production cycle of the AGCS publication Global Risk Dialogue, which publishes twice a year. This is aimed at external customers of AGCS and includes news and features relating to our business and customers’ risks. The content appears across magazine, website, podcast and video formats and also on AGCS' main social media channels, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Developing and supporting new content ideas and formats to support AGCSs brand positioning including data visualisation, multimedia, webinars, presentations and podcasts.
- Contributing to a range of strategic projects across the global communications team, including liaising/supporting regional colleagues, managing the production/design cycle of special projects, supporting development of technical risk bulletins and media responses.
- Proven journalistic/content editor experience - minimum of seven to 10 years - ideally in a business context (financial/professional services). International experience across a range of topics/sectors beneficial.
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills - at ease with a wide range of media (articles, reports, website content, social media, video and podcasts).
- Ability to work independently to deadlines while also collaborating effectively in a small team. Strong personal planning and time management skills, with clear focus on ownership of project delivery and results.
- Ability to convey technical concepts and messages to a non-expert audience.
- Excellent inter-personal, inter-cultural and relationship management skills for liaising with colleagues at all levels, and with external stakeholders.
- Native English-speaking applicants only. Fluency in German and/or French an advantage.
- Interest/experience in the commercial insurance and risk management industry and familiarity with the market landscape and key challenges a strong advantage.
- Strong IT familiarity and competences in MS Office applications and ability to learn new applications quickly (eg Photoshop, content management systems).
- Essential to be a good team worker with a ‘can-do’ attitude, strong sense of humour, and a positive approach to problems.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- freelance freelance feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- public relations public relations feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed
- social media social media feed