Do you want to be part of an award-winning team which creates brilliant online and print content?
We are looking for a content editor here at JPI Media NW to cover our late shift from 2-10pm, Sunday to Thursday.
You will work on a series of digital and print titles across the North West, including the Lancashire Post, Blackpool Gazette and Wigan Post as well as a number of weekly print titles and associated websites.
The successful candidate will have some experience as a senior journalist on weekly or daily print and/or web titles, of using analytics to drive content and be ready to take on responsibility for managing people and making decisions. Some production experience would be useful.
- Reporting to the Deputy Editor, you will:
- Be a critical part of leading our News team in the NW
- Help to identify content that matters to our readers in print and online
- Work with the rest of the NW News team to come up with ideas to provide compelling content for our readers
- Experience in a senior reporting/news desk role
- Some knowledge of managing people
- Excellent digital and social media skills
- Able to make decisions about content for print and digital platforms
- Inquisitive by nature and driven by the need to find answers to difficult questions
- A team player
- A champion for our business – learning, following and instilling best practice wherever you go
- A passion and commitment to serve our audiences and an understanding that great content drives our digital growth
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a constantly evolving environment and have a clear understanding that no two days, weeks, months or years will be the same. Change will be part of your job
- Encourage innovation and constant improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position