Job title: Content editor
Location: East Croydon
Headlinemoney is the digital service at the heart of financial services media.
We’ve been successfully bringing together the financial press with the UK’s financial services industry since 2002. The main service is our online digital platform, headlinemoney.co.uk, featuring unbeatable press communications and contacts databases, daily email updates, weekly features and in-depth research reports, as well as market-leading face-time events such as the Headlinemoney Awards, the ‘Oscars’ for the UK’s financial journalist, financial PR and press office communities.
An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, hard-working, and exceptionally well-organised individual to take on the role of content editor. The successful individual will enjoy a unique and exciting position at the heart of the UK’s financial services media where the financial journalist community meets PR, press and communications professionals.
Skills and attributes:
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the efficient, day-to-day running of the Headlinemoney website including the provision of press communications from subscribers to the financial journalist community, working with other content team members to maintain databases, and responding to/ dealing with enquiries from Headlinemoney’s online community of journalists, PRs and communications professionals;
- Contribute fully as required to the brand’s other successful content initiatives (including the Headlinemoney Awards, research briefings, journalist masterclasses, and other face-time events throughout the year);
- Play a significant role in evolving the website’s content strategy, social media presence, and work with fellow colleagues to improve the service’s commercial success;
- Develop and maintain a community of contacts drawn from the UK’s financial journalist, financial PR and press office communities;
- Where required write, manage and commission the production of functional site content including research reports, features, emails to users, and newsletters;
- Support colleagues in the production of functional site content;
- Copy edit and maintain quality of site content; and
- Be expected to attend financial services media events as a representative of Headlinemoney.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be:
- Interested in financial services media;
- Happy rubbing shoulders with senior financial journalists and finserv communications professionals;
- Experienced in CMS systems;
- Intelligent, confident and hard-working;
- Exceptionally well-organised; able to meet deadlines;
- A great communicator;
- Accurate, self-motivated and tenacious;
- Terrific at writing and good presentational skills;
- Outgoing – think phone calls, not emails; and
- Happy to attend events in your own time.
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to Helen Macdonald at: Helen.Macdonald@emap.com
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position