Are you a great features and content writer, who can handle any subject area?
As a charity and a membership body, the Chartered Quality Institute supports a global community of approximately 19,000 people working in quality management and in management systems auditing. Quality professionals play an important part in most companies.
As part of our Content team, you will be writing about quality improvement in a wide range of sectors. This could be any company, and could include construction, shipping, the nuclear industry, defence, the fashion and food supply chains and the latest in robotics in manufacturing, artificial intelligence or blockchain. You will be interviewing and commissioning from people across the world.
We are proud of our monthly print publication Quality World, a key membership benefit offering continuing professional development, best practice, features, news and opinion.
As one of two Content Executives, you will be writing features (of over 2,000 words in length), from ideas you have worked up yourself, content for online, and editing and giving guidance on articles written by quality professionals and management systems auditors, as well as attending some member events.
- Creating and commissioning content for our publications (print and online) and digital communications, in particular for our monthly magazine digital newsletters.
- Generating ideas and leads for original content such as interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
- Building email newsletters and mailing out.
- Contributing to the CQI’s social media activities
- Commissioning articles and features from freelance writers and subject experts and stakeholders.
- Sub-editing copy and liaising with writers.
- Gathering feedback from members and assessing KPIs to suggest improvement to content and processes.
Qualifications and experience
You will have experience of:
- Writing features (2,000+ words in length) and other content in a business/B2B context
- Sub-editing and proofreading for print and digital
- Social media: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Adobe InDesign to make corrections
- Use of a CMS and newsletter software.
A qualification in journalism would be an advantage. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
About the CQI
The CQI leads the way in quality. The Chartered Quality Institute is a professional membership body with a range of products and services aimed at raising awareness of quality (governance, assurance, improvement) and growing capability within organisations in all sectors. Our courses and qualifications provide the industry standard for quality professionals. For more information about what we do, please see www.quality.org
Working for the CQI gives you access to a range of benefits including an attractive pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, an interest-free season ticket loan, career development opportunities, social activities and a friendly culture. At the CQI, our team is diverse, engaged and driven.
Interested in applying?
This is a full-time 35 hr/week position (Mon–Thurs 9am to 5pm, Fri 9am to 4pm) with some flexibility around these core hours. The role is based in our office near Chancery Lane, London.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the skills and experience required, with two published examples of your writing. The closing date for applications is midnight on 6 September 2019. Applications will be considered as they are received, so please don’t delay in contacting us.
For more information, please call our HR team on 020 7245 8534.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position