Why Join the Content Team?
Part of the MoneySupermarket Group, TravelSupermarket compares the best travel deals in one place. Comparing everything from holidays, flights, travel insurance & hotels to extras such as travel insurance via our website and mobile app, we ensure our customers are at the centre of everything we do.
Our customers love the breadth of choice that the world of online travel offers, but the process of navigating to find their ideal holiday at the best price can be frustrating. We have an ongoing program of investment in technology that will make it easier for our customers to navigate this breadth of choice, and compare holidays on the things that matter most to them.
Find out more about us and explore our world here
Why Our Role?
The purpose of this role is to own, manage and plan TravelSupermarket’s content. This will range from written content on the site (commercial and inspirational), video and new content streams that you come up with aligned to the business’s objectives. You will work with marketing and commercial teams (CRM, Partnerships, SEO etc.) to ensure the content delivered for the teams fits the brief and can be produced with the resources we have. You input will also be instrumental in launching creative marketing campaigns with other stakeholders.
Alongside this, the Content Manager will be responsible for content innovation, finding new opportunities for us to make a positive impact across TSM.com and ensuring our relationships with cross-functional teams deliver the best outcomes possible for the business.
What will you be doing?
- Manage all content activities across travelsupermarket.com, including planning, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that all content produced/edited by you and the team for TravelSupermarket meets the standards required by the business.
- Own third-party relationships and be the escalation point for all other suppliers/freelancers in your team not directly owned by you.
- Drive innovation, quality & engagement from our content formats by understanding the intent of our customers and partners.
- Define the different formats for content we use, along with why we use them and templates/standards for how they should be used.
- Work closely with all business teams to understand and deliver their content requirements.
- Working with the Marketing Director to forecast and budget your channel to ensure delivery against KPI’s.
- Lead the content team by editing their work, managing workloads and priorities, whilst also nurturing the best performance from them by running 1:1s, PDPs, reviews, objective setting and training/development requirements.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Extensive experience working as a writer and editor in the travel industry
- Experience delivering multiple content types as marketing assets, including video
- Managed and sourced networks of freelancers and/or third-party agencies
- Experience in championing new content formats
- Worked with multiple stakeholders across a business
- Written and edited content across marketing channels (e.g. SEO, CRM)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Nice to have
- Budget management
- Management and development of a team of copywriters
- Senior stakeholder management
- Commercial awareness of content
- Basic understanding of SEO content knowledge
- Google Analytics or other web analytics experience
How to apply
To proceed with your application click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position