No matter where you are, the world around you is shaped by construction. From everyday housing to enormous megaprojects, it is construction that defines our relationship with our environment. It determines where we live, what we eat, the movements of our daily lives, even the air we breathe.
Yet construction is often an afterthought, or treated as the preserve of engineers. At The B1M we dig deeper to put the real stories of construction in their proper context, highlighting how they impact our lives now, and what they might mean for our future.
The B1M is the world's leading video publisher for construction. Our mission is to fundamentally change the world's perception of this critical industry through our work.
Our award-winning productions have earned us the largest video audience in the architecture and construction sectors worldwide. We have filmed inside Big Ben, documented skyscrapers in Australia, interviewed Sir Richard Branson and been named by The Times as one of the 20 best educational channels in the world.
We are looking for a full-time content producer to work across our channels, pitching, researching, scripting and leading the production of outstanding explainer-style digital video content.
The ideal candidate will be able to research key trends and developments across our subject areas, devising highly creative and compelling ways to cover them with impactful explainer-style video content that appeals to a mainstream audience.
The B1M's team has a passion for bringing stories to our audience in an engaging way that stops them in their tracks. We help talented, creative and driven professionals to make an impact and change the world with their work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, growing business that is disrupting media in a critical yet under-served subject area.
Candidates should have at least three years' experience in a video content producer role.
What you will do:
- Research relevant trends and stories that fit with our editorial tone of voice.
- Engage a non-technical audience, communicating the depth of our authority on the field without overwhelming them with details.
- Devise and pitch highly creative and compelling ways to tell stories around our subject area with impactful video content.
- Develop storyboards and scripts for video content in a timely manner, working with story editors to perfect and craft the most engaging results.
- Research and secure third party assets and visual evidence for videos (including licences and releases).
- Oversee the production process of the digital video content that you are responsible for.
- Generate and maintain sources and contacts to build your reporting network.
- Collaborate with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The B1M's deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video.
- Ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times.
- Create original social copy and posts.
What you will bring:
- A proven track record of researching and writing explainer-style video content for digital distribution (eg on YouTube).
- Through research and reporting capabilities.
- The ability to write strong copy without grammatical errors.
- An interest in our subject areas.
- Strong editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- The ability to work both autonomously and within our team, managing multiple projects concurrently.
- The ability to co-ordinate with your colleagues in a fast-changing, high pressure environment.
- A deep familiarity with The B1M's tone of voice and style.
- An understanding of what makes a great video.
- Excitement about the power and impact of video journalism over other, conventional forms of media.
This is a full-time role with a three-month probation period.
Please attach a CV and short covering letter describing your experience and interest in the position. Include three links to examples of your work and a description of your role on the projects.
The B1M is committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. The B1M does not unfairly discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristics protected by UK law.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position