It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for a content testing journalist to join us as part of our customer team.
This role exists to support Reach's new customer value strategy that puts our customers and their experience at the heart of everything we do as an expert in a/b testing, practicing it day to day and working with local newsrooms to optimise content performance
This role will be home based.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Support newsrooms in the implementation of A/B testing through demonstrating best practice and assisting the content testing editor in delivering training to journalists
- Help to embed behavioural change by sitting next to journalists as they test new tools, capture learnings and best practice as we develop a culture of striving for optimal performance through testing content
- Generate and publish ideas to enable A/B testing of content to achieve maximum impact on our homepages and section pages
- Actively increase CTR and customer conversion on high performing content across the Reach network by optimising the experience for our users
- Source suitable images to increase reader interest in our content
- Generate ideas for more clickable headlines on high performing content
- Use data to identify content optimisation opportunities missed at reporter/editor level and improve standards
- Ensure effective communication between relevant people/departments
- Communicate and guide other network content editors and writers remotely through Slack, Google and other online tools
- Ensure brand values are maintained on digital platforms and that digital best practice and style guides are adhered to in terms of metadata, optimisation and content formatting
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation and website management in line with established workflows or SLAs as required
The ideal candidate
- Qualified journalist with excellent headline writing skills and an eye for a quality image
- You will be an experienced user of various analytics tools such as, but not limited to, Crowdtangle, Google Analytics, Chartbeat and other resources
- Have a strong understanding of regional news sites, and regional audiences, as well as having a passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Understanding of digital publishing including social and SEO
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly efficient and organised
- Self-motivated and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Valid UK/Ireland driving licence
- Obsessed with the customer and deepening customer loyalty and an expert at identifying ways to improve the customer experience
- A fan of data and a believer in the opportunities it can unlock
- A confident and articulate communicator (including written, face-to-face, presentation skills) capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organisation and between teams
- Confident at managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- A self-starter with a can-do, will-do attitude
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification or working towards
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits include holiday purchase scheme, health care cash plan, share save scheme, tech scheme, car scheme
- Lots of high street discounts including retail, restaurants, cinema, gym membership.
- Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme, trained mental health first aiders across the business, and access to wellbeing apps and coaching services
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position