The Wall Street Journal is seeking a coordinating producer to help oversee and produce coverage in our London video hub.
Top candidates for this position will demonstrate excellent editorial, production and team-management skills. While you will work with the international executive producer to oversee production on this team, this is a hands-on role. We are seeking a strong editor and journalist with a track record of producing timely business and markets news as well as political and industry analysis, who can work independently to create video that stands out in the 24/7 information cycle.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proposing new and original ideas for timely coverage on a daily basis;
- Working with the executive producer and a team of video journalists to produce news and analysis and social news videos of interest to The Wall Street Journal audience;
- Coaching beat reporters and news editors to appear on camera or in voiceover;
- Working with video journalists to hone story angles and strengthen scripts;
- Researching, writing and producing coverage on a regular basis;
- Providing clear and productive notes on scripts and videos in edit;
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times;
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as news developments and time zone considerations may warrant; and
- Completing additional duties as assigned.
Key candidate requirements:
- Six years of experience working in a daily video news environment would be advantageous;
- Deep understanding of business and markets trends, regional news, culture and politics;
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling business, tech and political coverage under tight deadline constraints;
- Track record of translating complex business and economics stories into reporting that informs WSJ’s core subscriber base and appeals to broader audiences;
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills; and
- Unrestricted ability to work in the UK.
The Wall Street Journal
1 London Bridge Street,
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position