This is an opportunity to join one of the UK’s best provider of financial services information, related to mortgages, pensions, insurance and more. We help countless customers access some of the country’s leading mortgage experts, who cater for all manner of specialist needs.
This copyeditor role will involve editing, proofing and reviewing informative, researched, tailored, and SEO-centric content aimed at new home buyers, business owners, self-employed professionals, developers, commercial property investors, landlords - in fact, anyone who needs the right advice when it comes to mortgages, insurance and pensions. Your goal will to be ensure that all of the content we serve is polished, accurate and in keeping with OMA’s values.
As in-house copyeditor, you will play a vital role in our article production process, but you’ll also be involved with writing and researching articles when required.
At OMA we believe that everyone deserves the right advice, and this starts with quality, concise, accurate content to help the customers who need us the most.
Hours & place of work:
This role will be predominately based at our head office is at Chatsworth House, Derby but the successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work from home when this is appropriate. The hours will typically be 9-5, Monday to Friday.
Job roles & expectations:
The copyeditor will be proofing, reviewing and editing content held on the OMA website, and comprised of the following:
- Mortgage Criteria research (reviewing new articles and updating old)
- Reviewing and editing new specialist mortgage articles targeted toward customers who are struggling to find the finance they need.
- SEO centric articles
- Topical news articles
- Reactive news articles
The role will also involve writing these articles as and when required - this could be a frequent part of the job, depending on the successful applicant’s preferences.
Although full training will be provided, successful candidates will have the following:
- Experience of writing or editing in the finance / property sector
- An understanding of mortgage products / financial services
- A passion for helping customers achieve their financial goals
- Experience of editing/writing SEO-centric (using keywords etc)
The successful applicant will start on £22,000 - £25,000 per annum. This will be reviewed after they complete a three-month probationary period, and at regular intervals after that. You will also be entitled to 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Negotiable: £22K - £25K DOE
- Copyediting: 1 year
If you feel that this could be the opportunity for you please email email@example.com with your up-to-date CV.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- proofreaders proofreaders feed
- public relations public relations feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed