Location: We have offices in Dartford, Kent, and Heathfield, Sussex, but will consider remote applicants and may open an office in London in the near future.
Reports to: Editor-in-chief
Works with: Other members of the editorial team, marketing, data analysts, sources and clients
- Building relationships internally and externally to determine the market and appetite for news on proxy voting and corporate governance to help set the parameters of Proxy Insight’s editorial objectives.
- Sourcing story ideas and editing copy for a proprietary newswire service.
- Providing editorial oversight for Proxy Monthly, including setting contents and copy-editing.
- Contribute feature articles and interviews for newswire and Proxy Monthly.
- Lead survey drives to generate content for newswire and Proxy Monthly.
- Contributing to a weekly newsletter.
Areas for growth:
- Working with sales and marketing teams to develop a roster of special reports and advertising opportunities.
- Appearing on a Proxy Insight podcast. Attending conferences to speak on issues related to proxy voting and corporate governance, as well as gathering ideas for content.
- Depending on the success of the service, recruiting and managing a team or reporters.
Key skills required:
- At least three years of journalism experience.
- Excellent grasp of written English.
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly, both independently and in a number of teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including source-building, team leadership and collaboration.
- Experience of building a beat would be desirable.
- Some experience public speaking or moderating panels would be desirable.
- Some experience of financial or corporate governance reporting would be desirable.
4 Old Park Lane
Tel: 020 7129 1314
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position