Proxy Insight, a leading B2B supplier of shareholder voting intelligence, is looking for an ambitious editor keen to improve its monthly magazine, oversee special reports, and shed light on the increasingly important interactions between asset managers and publicly listed companies.
The ideal candidate will have several years of journalistic experience, experience and/or interest in finance and corporate governance, and an entrepreneurial approach to journalism to help us grow our readership in multiple channels.
The role provides the opportunity to become a leading thought-leader in an increasingly important area, allowing for travel and public speaking. We will consider any locations, including remote workers.
Location: We have offices in Dartford, Kent, and Heathfield, Sussex, but will consider remote applicants and may open an office in London in the near future.
Reports to: Editor-in-chief
Works with: Other members of the editorial team, marketing, data analysts, sources and clients
- Building relationships internally and externally to determine the market and appetite for news on proxy voting and corporate governance to help set the parameters of Proxy Insight’s editorial objectives.
- Sourcing story ideas and editing copy for a proprietary newswire service.
- Providing editorial oversight for Proxy Monthly, including setting contents and copy-editing.
- Contribute feature articles and interviews for newswire and Proxy Monthly.
- Lead survey drives to generate content for newswire and Proxy Monthly.
- Contributing to a weekly newsletter.
Areas for growth:
- Working with sales and marketing teams to develop a roster of special reports and advertising opportunities.
- Appearing on a Proxy Insight podcast. Attending conferences to speak on issues related to proxy voting and corporate governance, as well as gathering ideas for content.
- Depending on the success of the service, recruiting and managing a team or reporters.
Key skills required:
- At least three years of journalism experience.
- Excellent grasp of written English.
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly, both independently and in a number of teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including source-building, team leadership and collaboration.
- Experience of building a beat would be desirable.
- Some experience public speaking or moderating panels would be desirable.
- Some experience of financial or corporate governance reporting would be desirable.
To apply: please email Josh Black firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position