Feature Story News (FSN) is seeking experienced reporters / correspondents for separate openings in Brussels, Frankfurt and Budapest.
Positions: Reporter / Video-journalist / Correspondent - Business news focus
Reports to: FSN’s Director of News, FSN’s Director of News for Europe
Locations: Brussels; Budapest; Frankfurt
Feature Story News is the world's leading independent broadcast news agency. For more than 25 years, the company has provided Emmy Award-winning original, customized news coverage that is seen and heard by millions of TV viewers, radio listeners and web users worldwide every day.
Headquartered in Washington DC, FSN maintains regional broadcast hubs and co-ordinating offices in London, Hong Kong, Kampala and Washington, and news bureaus serving international broadcasters in more than 20 other locations.
FSN's content comes from the four corners of the world and is provided directly to a wide array of international TV, radio and digital news networks that subscribe to the company's services. FSN’s news bureaus are staffed by full-time, experienced and highly-skilled broadcast news professionals with decades of global experience.
Primary Objectives: To report, produce, shoot, edit and transmit TV, and digital news reports and features, with a business focus.
These positions would involve reporting business news and features on an exclusive basis for a major international broadcast client of FSN’s.
- Pitch story ideas on a regular basis.
- Develop, script, report and transmit TV news reports, features and video elements as required.
- Script and produce TV, digital and radio news reports.
- Liaise with clients and/or FSN’s News Director to pitch and receive commissions for features and news packages. Live shots, two-ways and phoners.
- Occasional travel both within and outside the bureau locations as agreed with FSN management.
- Significant experience in the reporting and presenting of TV news reports and features for major news networks.
- A proven ability to originate, research, write, and present TV stories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency (to broadcast standard) in English.
- The ability to work to deadline in a fast news environment.
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in shooting and editing is preferable but not mandatory for this position.
- Understanding of business news.
Send resumes, showreels of on-screen work, and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please put the words “BRUSSELS CORRESPONDENT” and / or “BUDAPEST CORRESPONDENT” / “FRANKFURT CORRESPONDENT” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Applications without showreels will not be considered.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position