Energy Intelligence (EI) is widely recognised as the leading and independent provider of energy and geopolitical news, analysis, data and research. Our reputation is built on quality coverage by award-winning journalists. We set the industry standard for excellence with flagship products that are indispensable for energy professionals. Through its Research & Advisory arm, EI also manages projects for clients internationally and compiles incisive reports and data analytics. The Oil & Money Conference in London and Global Energy Intelligence Day, Moscow feature among the high-profile events that EI hosts. Over 60 years of expert energy coverage, EI is the guide to understanding today’s biggest stories and taking advantage of tomorrow’s opportunities.
EI has offices in eight locations around the world with commercial presence in Moscow, Singapore, Beirut, Dubai, London, New York, Washington and Houston.
This is an opportunity to develop your career as an energy reporter based in Dubai. The post will involve reporting on Mideast energy issues with a focus on oil, gas, renewables and nuclear. It will also involve careful monitoring of the region's political and economic situation with a focus on the six Gulf Cooperation Council states. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to build a contact network, and strive to develop exclusive content and original story ideas. Strong writing skills are a must. Arabic or Farsi is desirable.
* Work as part of our Dubai editorial team to cover Mideast energy and politics
* Provide regular news and analysis to our daily and weekly publications, such as International Oil Daily, Petroleum Intelligence Weekly and Mideast-focused publication Energy Compass
* Attend conferences and other industry events as required in the Mideast
* Some experience as a journalist and a good understanding of the region’s energy sector
* Good clear and concise writing style
* Strong critical and analytical skills
* Good understanding of Mideast energy and politics
* Ability to develop original story ideas and see angles our competitors don’t
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability and willingness to travel in the region
* Good interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate cooperation with colleagues in the Dubai bureau and overseas.
* Arabic or Farsi desirable but not a must
This job description is not exhaustive and may be updated to reflect relevant changes in line with business requirements.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.