Creative writer - yachting
(Full time, permanent)
YachtBuyer - our purpose is to lead the digital future of the global yachting marketplace. We aim to improve the process of buying yachts, by continually evolving the ecosystem to provide a better experience for consumers.
We are looking for more talented, sharp and motivated creative writers to join our digital yachting content team. As part of our editorial team you will be responsible for producing high-quality content for our website, writing everything from news and event coverage to product reviews. You will be expected from time-to-time to travel domestically and internationally to spend time in marine environments such as boat shows, boatyards, marinas and on boats themselves.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, and have proven experience of writing for a blog, or other online publications. They will possess a precise and confident communication style, with good listening skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. It is essential that candidates are personable, deadline focused, with an excellent attention to detail. You should be able to conduct high-quality research and interview clients, industry experts and internal teams as needed to support your content creation. Experience of producing vlog content would be an advantage.
If you are passionate about writing and producing interesting and well-researched content for websites, then this position could be ideal for you.
Experience and essential skills
- Ability to turn industry news into engaging and useful insight for our audience
- Experienced in 'on-location' reporting.
- Ability to analyse and communicate complex information clearly
- Think strategically about upcoming events relevant to our market, and build content plans around them
- Skilled in online/digital production.
- Ability to think commercially
- Good level of computer literacy
- An excellent command of the English language - written and oral
- A confident, professional and friendly personality
- Readiness to work on weekends when necessary.
- Readiness to travel domestically and internationally
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Additional languages will be a plus
What we can offer
Apart from having a great team to work within a friendly environment, we offer all employees a range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please send your application to email@example.com with:
- CV inc. example urls and if appropriate your role in their creation
- Salary expectations
- Availability / notice period (if applicable)
Job types: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £20,000-£30,000 per year based on experience
8 St Johns Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position