We are seeking an ambitious, digitally skilled, and versatile crime and court reporter to unearth the best breaking news and follow the community's most important crime stories.
You will be passionate about digital storytelling, be hard-working, full of ideas, and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms.
A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships, and understanding what matters to the community.
You will also ask the questions that hold power to account and want to play a part in helping communities build back following the pandemic.
You will be:
- Brimming with ideas on how to tackle the remit and get the most out of it digitally
- Fully across what digital readers want from local news coverage
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Perks of the job:
- 25 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
If you feel this job is for you, please send a CV and covering letter to editor Arron Hendy by clicking apply now. The deadline is Friday, December 17 but interviews and trials will be held as soon as applications come in so please do not hesitate to apply.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position