We are seeking an ambitious, digitally skilled, and versatile crime and court reporter to unearth the best breaking news and follow the community's most important crime stories.
You will be passionate about digital storytelling, be hard-working, full of ideas and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms.
You will be able to spot the best stories from court and live crime and work out the best ways to tell those stories and use them on social media.
A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships and understanding what matters to the community.
You will also ask the questions that hold power to account and want to play a part in helping communities build back following the pandemic.
A driving licence is essential, as is access to a car.
You will be:
- An outstanding qualified reporter
- Brimming with ideas on how to tackle the remit and get the most out of it digitally
- Fully across what digital readers want from local news coverage
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Perks of the job:
- 25 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
Apply with your CV. The closing date is 8 February.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position