Would you like one of the best reporting jobs in regional media, working for two of the country’s best and brightest daily newspapers and fast-growing websites?
If so, then we want to hear from you.
Archant, publisher of the Eastern Daily Press and EDP24.co.uk, England’s biggest morning regional newspaper, the Norwich Evening News and EveningNews.co.uk and a host of weekly titles and websites, is looking for someone with the energy, drive, skills, ambition and ideas to become its Crime Correspondent.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for local news, excellent communication skills, the ability to find exclusive stories, a talent for multi-media journalism and be able to write sharp and accurate copy under pressure.
They will also be able to secure a fantastic story from a contact, be good at rooting out content using the Freedom of Information Act and be a dab hand at reporting on court cases.
We would welcome applications from senior journalists looking for their first brief or those with an existing specialism.
The post is based in Norwich and offers the chance to live and work in one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
Salary & benefits
In return we offer a starting salary between £25,000 and £28,000, depending on experiecne and excellent benefits including 5 weeks annual leave, a contributory pension and life assurance scheme (after qualifying period) and a wide range of voluntary benefits include Cycle to Work scheme, Westfield Health Scheme and Archant Gold, charity matched funding.
To apply, email your completed application to email@example.com
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 29th November 2019.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position