We are looking for a writer/sub-editor to join our Snapchat Discover team in the London office. You will be producing engaging and entertaining copy for millions of readers around the world every day.
We blend traditional journalism skills with innovative digital media and graphic design.
The ideal candidate will be creative and versatile, with a well-rounded knowledge of history and popular culture, a flair for writing, and a passion for accuracy.
- Uploading copy, pictures, and videos to Snapchat Discover
- Rewriting, fact-checking, and correcting copy to a high standard
- Creating headlines, picture captions, and video captions
- Working to a strict deadline
- Handling sensitive news subjects in a considerate manner
- Dealing with graphic content and knowing where to censor
- Keeping up to date with current affairs and trends
- Professional experience in journalism, especially sub-editing and headline writing
- Good knowledge of current events, entertainment, and popular trends
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Flexibility with working patterns
- Knowing a good story and how to tell it well
- Ability to work with a team and keep a cool head under pressure
This position is for maternity cover only, for a period of 12 months from April 2019.
Applications should include an up-to-date CV, and a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team. Include previous published work, links to online work or blogs if you like. Show us that you have what we’re looking for.
Assistant Managing Editor
2 Derry Street
Tel: +44 (0) 20 361 52431
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position