We are a leading provider of business intelligence for senior decision-makers in the legal and intellectual property markets.
We inform and connect a highly engaged community of over 350,000 professionals worldwide. Our office is currently based in the heart of London’s vibrant Borough Market.
We are looking for a journalist to undertake data-based reporting and analysis for two of our market-leading publications: World Trademark Review (WTR) and Intellectual Asset Management (IAM).
This is a writing role which will suit a highly-ambitious journalist keen to work in a rapidly-expanding area at the heart of the global economy and to write for an audience of individuals who hold senior positions at many of the world’s biggest and most innovative businesses. Travel within the UK and abroad should also be expected.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for generating regular online content for the WTR and IAM platforms
- Researching, analysing data and spotting trends in the patent, intellectual property industry
- Sourcing and writing news pieces, as well as building senior level contacts inside businesses, investment and financial institutions, politics and policy, and the law
- Building and maintaining relationships with data providers to facilitate content output
- Assisting in the delivery of surveys / research projects
What we are looking for:
- Qualified to degree level
- At least a year’s B2B writing experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to interpret data to produce insightful and relevant content
- Knowledge of and/or interest in intellectual property
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with the prospect of rapid personal and professional development, as well as a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes 25 days holiday, private healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan and gym membership.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and writing samples via the link below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position